I am a huge nature lover, and with that comes my love for hiking!
Growing up and living in central Iowa, I had not even explored my love of hiking until recently. However, after some traveling, I was quick to fall in love with the peacefulness of the process and taking in the scenery around me.
Recently, I went to North Carolina for spring break, where I was able to hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains. That’s where I got the idea to create a hiking bucket list with all of my hiking destinations!
My Top 5 Hiking Destinations (In the United States!)
- Burroughs Mountain Hike, Mount Rainier National Park: Located in Washington state. I chose this hike because it is home to one of the most iconic mountains in the world: Mount Rainier. There are also ample amounts of old-growth forests to explore, with meadows in between. In addition to the mountain, there is over 260 miles of hiking trails to explore!
- Canyon to Rim Loop, Smith Rock State Park: Located in Oregon. There is ample opportunity to see wildlife on these trails, and is a popular spot for many hikers. I would love to just spend a whole day on this trail. I chose it simply because the view looks phenomenal (and I’m a little partial to Oregon).
- South Rim Trail, Grand Canyon National Park: Located in Arizona. This trail is one of the more famous trails in the United States. Of course there is the Grand Canyon to see, and you can also see the Colorado River from certain points. I have yet to see the Grand Canyon– another big reason this park made the list!
- Upper Emerald Pool Trail, Zion National Park: Located in Utah. This hike is well known for its massive cream and red sandstone cliffs and free-standing arches. There are also many natural waterfalls that you can catch throughout the hike! Any park with a waterfall has made my list.
- Stairway to Heaven: Located in Hawaii. Technically, this is not a “legal” hike, and recently many people have been fined for doing so. BUT that does not mean it is left out of my dream hiking destinations! This hike is one of the biggest attractions on the island of Oahu. If you are careful, you can capture the absolutely one of a kind views that this hike has to offer!
Find more details on these hikes and other great hikes here!